Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Who'da Thunk?....these were once wool sweaters!

The pink bag is my newest addition to evening and wedding bags.  I just love when a 100% wool sweater turns into the perfect piece of felt for one of my bags.  This one is all hand stitched, (lining is machine stitched).  Even the rose on the front was made by me out of the same charmeuse as the lining.  This looks like the perfect Mother of Bride or Mother of Bridegroom bag.

I've also included a picture of another evening bag, work in progress.  I was fortunate to get a wool sweater in an ivory color, completely covered in hand stitched,(no pull out chain stitches), sequins and seed beads.  The pic is kind of what it will look like when finished.  I usually don't do more than one of a kind, but I have plenty of sweater for probably three of these.  So maybe I'll do these for a wedding party.  We'll see.

Until next time, don't dispose of wool sweaters.  There is so much you can do with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment