Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken Mole`--For a Cold Winter Day


I know I should be blogging about handbags and crochet, but today I'm making my husband's favorite meal, Chicken Mole`, and I wanted to share my easy way to prepare it.  This method is in no way meant to compare to any authentic recipe or come close to how my dear mother-in-law would have prepared it, along with her "to die for" hand rolled tortillas.
Nevertheless, my husband loves it.  Following is my easy recipe; which in no way lacks flavorful taste.
   Two large chicken breasts simmered in low sodium chicken broth.  I use the box of broth or 3 low sodium  chicken bouillon cubes in about 5 cups of water.
    Remove the chicken, when done, and shred in pieces with two forks.  Set aside.
    To the broth, add 1 pkg. of McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix (hot or original).  Blend with whisk.
    Simmer for about five minutes.
    Make a pourable thickener for the mole` with three or four teaspoons of cornstarch and a little water.
    Pour slowly into the mole` and use a whisk to keep it smooth.
    Put the shredded chicken back into the thickened mole` and boil uncovered for 5 minutes. That's it!
    Serve over your favorite Spanish Rice recipe.
    Scoop up with purchased 8" flour tortillas which have been browned on a grilling pan or skillet.
We usually have sliced avocado and cilantro on top but, with all the snow, the supermarket didn't have any.
      

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like something my whole family would enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, this sounds good, easy and healthy too! Yum! I think I'll make this for my family! Thanks Aunt Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try this recipe. I know my husband will enjoy it. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete